- Meat and poultry
- Chicken pasta
- Chicken pasta bakes
This is a twist on a classic Middle Eastern bechamel pasta. Baked until nice and bubbly.
88 people made this
- 500g dried penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cubed
- 75g frozen peas
- 1 bunch coriander
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 170g Italian tomato puree
- 125ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 5 tablespoons plain flour
- 750ml milk
- black pepper to taste
- 225g grated mozzarella cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil, cook the penne pasta 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Stir in the chicken, and cook until almost done. Mix in the peas, coriander, dill, tomato puree and enough water to make a thick sauce. Continue to cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, and all the ingredients are heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the melted butter. Stirring constantly, blend in the flour until smooth. Mix in the milk, season with pepper, and continue to cook and stir until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked pasta with 1/2 the bechamel sauce. Place 1/2 the pasta in a baking dish, layer with 1/2 the chicken mixture, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Layer with the remaining pasta, remaining chicken mixture, and remaining bechamel sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(66)
Reviews in English (52)
Will be making this again. Yum-19 Feb 2015
by Jill Erfle
This is now my husband's favorite pasta dish and my boys like it cause it has chicken instead of beef. I do leave out the cilantro and green pepper cause no one in my house likes those ingredients, but it's good and satisfying. Oh, and I just use dry dill weed instead of fresh. And last time I made it I didn't get to the store for the Italian tomato paste, so I used regular and a teaspoon of Italian seasoning and it was just as good.-18 Jul 2005
Of course I give this recipe 5 stars, it is my own. Just a reccomendation for those interested in making this pasta. I usually make a little bit of extra bechamel and put a thicker layer on top. makes it even more tasty!-11 Mar 2004
Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Prepare large and dip baking dish, set aside.
2. To a large pot filled with water add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Add chicken cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked, about 5-6 minutes. Then add diced bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes and turn the heat off.
4. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook to al dente (1-2 minutes less than in the package instructions).
5. Meanwhile make the béchamel sauce: in a large sauce pan, melt the butter, add flour and whisk until smooth paste forms, then cook for 1 minute. Gradually add warm milk, while whisking constantly. Keep whisking over medium-high heat until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Add the sauce to the pasta, the add the chicken mixture. Stir until well combined.
7. Transfer to the baking dish. Sprinkle on top grated mozzarella and grated cheddar.
8. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until golden-brown and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
Bechamel Chicken Pasta recipes
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, milk, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 tablespoons. ( more )
"This dish is heavenly. It is easy to make (my husband makes it all the time) and I have yet. ( more )
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes . ( more )
Prep: 15m Cook: 45m Servs: 6
best if you have left over sausage ,ham,bacon combanation for making this tasty dish for bre. ( more )
Pre gathering preparation: Cook the rigatoni or any kind pasta al dente and refrigerate in . ( more )
Authentic Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
A quick fix dinner that takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare, and far less to devour. Presenting my one-pot Italian chicken pasta recipe that will surely become a staple at your house.
Are you ready to learn how to make one of my favorite one-pot Italian chicken pasta recipes?
But first, here is a little background story on how this recipe came into being:
It happened on a chilly Friday night. It was almost 5 in the evening, and my to-do list was nowhere near finished. From doing laundry, designing birthday invites for my, soon to turn a year old, son to pick up the grocery.
Let’s not forget I also had to fix a meal before 7.
Since my little one was asleep, I decided to do the latter first.
I hastily went into the kitchen, planning to pop one of those pre-prepared, microwaveable dinners into the oven and get done.
But the odds were against me. We were out of microwaveable dinners.
I wondered why. Maybe we had too many of those this month. Or I was too lazy to pick up groceries, earlier today.
My Italian roots kicked in, and I quickly revised my grandma’s Carbonara pasta recipe, which was a staple at grandma’s, whenever we visited.
Well, today I was going to amp it up, with some herbed chicken, instead of meat.
Recipe: Baked Bechamel Pasta Appetizing
Baked Bechamel Pasta – Build your foundation and expand your culinary repertoire by experimenting with dishes and recipes that interest you.
Tasty Baked Bechamel Pasta menu and process is just a culmination of the little tips I`ve realized within the last 3 years. Baked Bechamel Pasta happens to be a week-end preparing project, which can be to express you will need a handful of hours to complete it, but when you`ve got the process down you are able to cook multiple set at any given time for family picnics or perhaps to possess cold areas to consume from the refrigerator on a whim.
In this beautiful day, I am going to coach you on making Baked Bechamel Pasta At home with simple ingredients, just like Chinese restaurants. My Baked Bechamel Pasta recipe is the greatest in the world!
I will even show you how to make use of up leftover steamed rice and ensure it is into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for your family!
I tried using slightly less water than normal, which has been encouraged elsewhere. It helped a little occasionally, but other instances, I had to include more and more water as the quinoa was cooking. Then, the dried quinoa soaked up way an excessive amount of the dressing I added later.
Can I make Baked Bechamel Pasta?
Whether you live all on your own or are an active parent, obtaining enough time and power to get ready home-cooked meals can seem like a challenging task. At the conclusion of a frantic day, eating out or getting in may experience just like the fastest, easiest option. But ease and refined food may have a significant toll on your own temper and health.
Eateries usually offer more food than you should eat. Many eateries offer portions which are 2-3 instances bigger compared to advised nutritional guidelines. This encourages you to eat a lot more than you’d at home, adversely affecting your waistline, body pressure, and risk of diabetes.
Whenever you ready your own dinners, you have more control within the ingredients. By cooking for yourself, you can make sure that you and your family consume new, nutritious meals. This can help you to check and experience healthiest, raise your power, strengthen your weight and mood, and improve your sleep and resilience to stress.
You can make Baked Bechamel Pasta using 24 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Bechamel Pasta:
- Prepare of For mince:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of Beef/Chicken Mince.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 tbs of oil (i used sunflower oil).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock (if using stock, don't add salt until required).
- You need 4 tbs of tomato paste (packet/tin).
- Prepare of For pasta:.
- You need 6 cups of pasta (you can also use spaghetti).
- You need of Salt (as per requirement).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s of Water for boil.
- You need of For Bechamel sauce:.
- It’s 1 of full packet of bechamel powder (i used knorr brand).
- Prepare 6 cups of full cream milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Crushed pepper corns.
- You need of Salt (if required).
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Prepare of Oregano to sprinkle on top.
Baked Bechamel Pasta instructions:
- Take a pot and add water. Let it heat for few minutes. When you see the water almost starts boiling, add the cups pasta and then add salt and oil. Keep checking the pasta to avoid over boil..
- For Mince: After setting the pasta to boil on one side, take another pot and add oil, add onions and saute till onion becomes transparent and then add chopped garlic (4 cloves) and tomatoes..
- Let it cook for sometime and once you see tomatoes release water and is getting cooked, add mince (Beef/Chicken) and cook till mince changes its colour..
- Lower the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well..
- Add chicken stock or salt. Make sure you check the saltiness and then adjust it as per requirement. Close the lid and cook for 8 mins..
- Add tomato paste and black pepper. Mix well and let it cook for another 6 – 7 mins..
- For Bechamel sauce: Once pasta is boiled and mince mixture is made. The last step is to make the Bechamel sauce..
- Take a pot and add milk. Let the milk turn warm and add the Bechamel powder and usually there will be pieces of powder collected and i would prefer you to take wooden spoon to mix the milk and Bechamel powder. If you have whisk, that would be amazing option instead of wooden spoon..
- Keep mixing the milk and Bechamel powder and in between add pepper corns powder. If required add salt..
- Keep mixing the sauce and slowly as the sauce heats up the thicker it gets. Once done, off the flame..
- Now for making the proper Bechamel pasta, take wide glass bowl (Make sure its safe to put in oven) or a baking tray..
- Firstly spread 4 tbs of Bechamel sauce on the glass bowl or tray..
- Then add half pasta on the top of sauce which was mentioned in above step. And add half of the Bechamel sauce on top of pasta..
- Then add full mince mixture on top of half pasta..
- Later add the rest pasta on top of mice mixture. And add the rest Bechamel sauce..
- Lastly, add mozzarella cheese on top as per preference. And sprinkle oregano on top of mozzarella chesse..
- Put in the oven for 120 degree for 25 mins (in some ovens temperature varies, so be careful). Add check every 15 mins to make sure the mozzarella cheese doesn't completely burn. Once the cheese turns golden brown, Remove it from over and let it cool a little. And serve..
It’s cheaper to eat fast food than Baked Bechamel Pasta
Initially glance, it might look that eating at a junk food cafe is more affordable than making a home-cooked meal. But that is rarely the case. A examine from the University of Washington College of Public Wellness unmasked that individuals who cook in the home tend to have healthiest overall diets without higher food expenses. Another study discovered that regular home cooks used about $60 monthly less on food than those who ate out more often.
I do not know how to make Baked Bechamel Pasta
- If you are discouraged by the chance of organizing a home-cooked food, it’s important to consider that preparing is not an specific science.
- It’s frequently completely OK to miss a component or replacement a very important factor for another Baked Bechamel Pasta.
- Search on line or purchase a basic cook book for easy recipe ideas.
- Just like such
a thing, the more you prepare, the better you’ll become. Even if you’re a complete novice in the kitchen, you’ll soon grasp some quick, healthy meals.
What recipe should I take advantage of for Baked Bechamel Pasta?
Basic oils like canola, plant and peanut fat have larger smoking points, making them ideal for burning chicken. Find out more about choosing the best gas for frying.
What must and mustn’t be performed when cooking Baked Bechamel Pasta
- Ensure every thing is icy in a sealable container or bag.
- Beef in particular needs to be precisely wrapped.
- Make bread straight from fridge, anti-waste plan urges.
- Be aware that anything that’s a higher water content, like lettuce, won’t be the identical after being frozen and then defrosted.
- Try to freeze every thing when at its freshest. Defrost meat totally before preparing, but other things such as for example bread for toasting could be grilled straight from the freezer.
- Never refreeze raw meat that has been freezing and then thawed – you are able to, however, freeze cooked meat which was icy when raw.
- Ensure the freezer isn’t packed therefore complete that air can’t circulate.
Strategies for getting started!
Focus on fresh, healthy ingredients. Baking sweet snacks such as for instance brownies, cakes, and snacks will not support your wellbeing or your waistline. Likewise, adding a lot of sugar or sodium may transform a wholesome home-cooked meal in to an harmful one. To make sure meals are good for you in addition to being delicious, start with healthy substances and flavor with herbs rather than sugar or salt.
Stock up on staples. Materials such as rice, rice, coconut oil, spices, flour, and inventory cubes are staples you’ll probably use regularly. Maintaining containers of tuna, beans, tomatoes and bags of freezing veggies available could be helpful in rustling up fast dishes when you’re forced for time.
Give your self some leeway. It’s fine to burn off the grain or over-cook the veggies. Following a several tries it will get simpler, faster, and nicer!
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
Lasagna is pretty much always guaranteed to impress. There are very few people who can resist all that cheesy, meaty goodness. And even though a classic lasagna is a thing of beauty, this chicken version has been my go-to for a while now.
Not only is it ever so slightly lighter because the chicken doesn’t add much in terms of fat or rich, beefy flavor, I also find it much quicker to make because the bolognese doesn’t need to cook for very long. To make the assembly go even faster, I often buy cheese sauce and use that instead of making my own. Layering the lasagna with grated cheddar and mozzarella adds all the melty goodness you want when you’re eating a plate of comforting lasagna.
How to Make Classic Lasagna
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion then sauteed until translucent for about 3 minutes.
Add garlic, ground beef, and a pinch of salt. Sauteed for 3 minutes.
Add tomato paste, stir and cook for 1 minute until caramelized.
Add canned tomato, Italian seasoning, chicken stock powder, and sugar, and then mix well. While stirring, crush the tomatoes using a spatula.
Adjust salt and black pepper to your taste.
Cook and occasionally mixing until the sauce has thickened. Turn off heat. Set aside.
White Sauce (Béchamel)
In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. After melted, add the flour and toast until the flour turns a little bit golden.
Reduce heat down to low, then add milk while mixing so there is no lump on the saucepan.
After the sauce thickens, add parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese is melted.
Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
To assemble, add a layer of meat bolognese sauce to a 7.5.5ࡨ-inch glass rectangular dinnerware.
Add a layer of béchamel sauce on top of bolognese sauce, then cover with lasagna sheets. thrice following with the order. Lastly, top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Tips & Trick Best Classic Lasagna
Although it looks simple, it turns out that we need a trick so that the Lasagna that we make is delicious and the pasta is not soggy and the sauce is not too thick. Here are Tips for Making the Best Lasagna:
- Make sure the Lasagna topping ingredients use the best quality beef.
- Use whole milk mozzarella and ricotta whenever possible.
- Use at least 3 inches deeps skillet to make lasagna. Then, make sure to put a little sauce first in the pan so that the first layer of pasta doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Should you boil the lasagna noodle or not? Some lasagna sheets have to boil.
- Cover the top layer of the lasagna with the best possible sauce to prevent the noodles from crumbling.
- If the composition of the pasta is crumbly, make sure the consistency of your bolognese sauce is just right. If using dried pasta, make sure the consistency of the ragu sauce contains enough water to hydrate the dry noodles.
- To make it less messy, you can add the sauce little by little. I suggest not having too much sauce on each layer.
- If you really want to add vegetables, stir-fry them first and drain the excess liquid.
- After removing it from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting it. This keeps the lasagna layer from coming off immediately.
If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback!
Don’t miss a recipe! Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest! Sign up for my email list, too! Thank you for your support❤
Macarona Bechamel has been on my list for quite some time and I am so glad #BakingBloggers gave me the push to finally make it! Perfect for the holidays or feeding a crowd, penne pasta is layered with a seasoned ground beef mixture and topped with a creamy béchamel sauce. It reminded me a bit of Firinda Kiymali Makarna (Turkish Baked Pasta with Ground Beef).
To layer: Start with half of the cooked noodles followed by all of the beef mixture, the remaining noodles, then an even layer of the béchamel sauce.
This dish is traditionally made with penne, but you can substitute with other medium-sized tube shapes (just be careful not to overcook, since they will soften a little more while in the oven). I seasoned the ground beef mixture with about 1 teaspoon of salt. This amount may need to be modified depending on the salt content of the tomato sauce and personal taste.
Some of the béchamel recipes I came across only contain butter, flour, and milk. I added a couple of the optional ingredients, mozzarella and one egg, to help create a more rich and creamy sauce. Omit these if desired. When stirring the béchamel, be sure to really scrape the bottom to keep it from burning.
The ingredients listed in this recipe perfectly fit in my 10吊 inch baking dish. For smaller pans, there may be a little overflow and layering a portion of the ingredients in a smaller pan may be required (when this happens to me with just a small amount, I usually mix together the leftovers that don’t fit and eat them myself while the pan is baking).
White Sauce Pasta Recipe: How To Make Bechamel Sauce Penne Pasta
White sauce pasta is a popular Italian recipe that is prevalent all over the world. The becamel sauce pasta is made with a creamy and rich white sauce and mixed with cooked pasta. You can use any pasta of your liking in this recipe, we have used penne pasta. The pasta goes best with garlic bread or toasted herb bread.
White sauce pasta is a popular dish in India, especially amongst the youngsters. It is a simple yet delicious main-course meal that can be prepared for parties and other gatherings. The pasta, with the rich creamy sauce, makes this dish a superstar in your household. You can add vegetables to the white sauce and include some nutrition in it.
The white sauce pasta is a simple and quick recipe that does not require your expertise. You can make a delicious pasta by just following the recipe. So, here is a detailed video and an elaborate step-by-step procedure containing images, to help you make a sumptuous white sauce pasta.
Base of White Sauce Pasta – Bechamel Sauce
Bechamel sauce is a simple sauce made usually with butter, flour and some kind of liquid (milk/stock). Equal amounts of butter and flour are used and the flour is generally cooked in melted butter for a minute or so to get rid of the raw flour. After which, milk is added slowly to the pot while whisking continuously. As the milk mixes with the flour and warms up, it gradually starts to thicken and after a few minutes of whisking and simmering what you are left with is a silky smooth sauce.
I’ve realized that the same method can be used even if you add veggies before you add the flour and milk. This way you reduce one step where you make the sauce separately and then mix everything together. Which is what we’ve done here. The veggies are sauteed in oil and butter after which flour and milk are added. You still need to keep whisking continuously but this is so much faster and you don’t dirty an extra pan!
This recipe packs in a good 4-5 cups of veggies which makes it really nutritious and if you have kids, it’s a great way to get them to eat veggies sneaked into this white sauce pasta.
You can use your favorite pasta or whatever you have at hand. I love using rigatoni because the big tubes of pasta are just so much fun to eat, and the sauce sneaks into the middle so that when you take a bite, you have sauce oozing out of the pasta.
I feel like this is almost a one pot recipe, except for boiling the pasta. Which makes it such a big mess-free hit for dinner! You can also easily add some shredded chicken or cooked shrimp if you want to add some protein. Just mix it up when you are adding the pasta. If you add more veggies or protein, you may have to increase and adjust the amount of milk in the recipe so that you still have enough sauce.
This is such a fun, easy recipe that I’m sure you’ll be making it on repeat!