- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
This is a marvellous brownie recipe that combines two favourites - a blonde brownie and cheesecake! Cut into slices, it's fantastic for a picnic, packed lunch treat or cake sale.
141 people made this
- 225g butter or margarine
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g plain chocolate chips
- 450g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g chopped pecan nuts
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:45min ›Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20x30cm baking tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter or margarine, dark brown soft sugar and 100g caster sugar. Beat in the 3 eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, bicarb and salt; blend into the sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 4 tablespoons caster sugar. Mix in the 2 remaining eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of chocolate chip mixture in bottom of the prepared tin. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of chocolate chip mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Drop pieces of the remaining chocolate chip mixture over filling. Don't worry if there are gaps; the mixture will spread.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Let the brownies cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Watch our video to see how to make the easiest no-bake chocolate cheesecake ever! Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(162)
Reviews in English (120)
Easy to make and very tasty. My son said it was as good as his Nanna's brownies - high praise!! I substituted 50g of flour for cocoa powder and had to coarsely chop a bar of chocolate as had no chips - lovely and rich chocolate pudding.-25 Aug 2014
superb! its classy! i just improved the procedure.. i placed the half of the dough in the pan then i baked it for 15 mins. after that i poured the cream cheese filling and baked for 10 mins. then i spread the remaining dough and baked again for 15 mins! superb! i used this for my home economics naking presentation. they went crazy over this.. and try using almonds instead of pecan.-17 Dec 2004
I read all the previous reviews, and this recipe seems to be walking a very thin line as far as how long to bake. Some have to bake for more than an hour, and others are less than 45 minutes. In my oven these were done on top in about 35-40 minutes, but were not done in the middle in just one or two very small areas. Next time I will turn my oven down just a tad and keep a close eye on them. For those of you who need to bake more than an hour, personally I think these are worth the wait. Me and my husband fell in love with these. The mix of choc chip cookie and cheesecake is PERFECT. Although not kind to the waistline, these will definately fix any sweet tooth cravings. These should be called "Death by Chocolate and Cheesecake" !!-01 Jan 2002