- Dish type
- Salad dressing
A tantalising sweet and tart vinaigrette paired with barbecued tilapia fillets. This is a very quick recipe, and is gorgeous to boot.
94 people made this
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 450g tilapia fillets
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Preheat the grill. Place a sheet of aluminium foil on a baking tray, and coat with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon lemon juice, melted butter, mustard, raspberry vinegar, honey, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Place the tilapia on the prepared baking tray, and grill about 3 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn tilapia, and drizzle with about half the dressing mixture. Continue grilling about 3 minutes, turn and drizzle with remaining dressing. Continue grilling about 2 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with remaining lemon juice to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(93)
Reviews in English (74)
This easy dish was very tasty. I made some substitutions to cut saturated fat. I used olive oil instead of butter and added 2 tablespoons of butter buds. I also used dried tarragon. I doubled the sauce.-12 Feb 2005
This was a great and quick recipe. I did not have rasberry vinger so I used apple. It turned out great. I would make a little extra dressing to sprinkle over fish after it comes out the brolier. My husband and I both enjoyed this very much. Thank you!-22 Jun 2004
2/24/19 - subbed pomegranate aged balsamic in place of the vinegar - delicious!4/28/2016 - super easy and flavorful, my daughter threw this one together when I asked her to make dinner the other night. Everyone loved it!12/13/2004 - This sauce had great flavor - my husband used bread to soak up the leftovers! Very easy, low fat and delicious!-13 Dec 2004