- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
The uniform thickness of the pinwheels makes grilling the salmon dead easy and the shape not only looks great, but allows the seasoning to saturate the fish. Good balsamic makes the difference in the flavour.
10 people made this
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 450g skinless salmon fillet, cut into six 1cm strips
- 1 pinch coarsely ground black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:14min ›Ready in:29min
- Preheat the grill; set the oven rack about 10 to 15cm from the heat source. Combine the balsamic vinegar and the garlic in a small bowl; reserve.
- Roll the salmon strips, beginning on the thickest side, into 6 pinwheels. Secure with wooden skewers. Drizzle the balsamic and garlic mixture generously over each pinwheel.
- Place salmon under hot grill and cook for 7 minutes. Turn pinwheels over; cook until edges are brown, and fish is easily flaked with a fork, about 7 additional minutes. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (5)
This dish is simple and sooo good! I didn't change a thing on this one but will add a little more balsamic vinegar and broil the salmon in a smaller dish.-25 Sep 2009