- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
A digestive base is the norm when making cheesecake, but these mini cheesecakes are made with something different. And if you aren't fond of cherry, any flavour fruit filling or compote will do.
373 people made this
- 12 ginger nuts, vanilla shortbread or amaretti biscuits
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125g caster sugar
- 600g cherry fruit filling
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Line muffin tins with 12 paper cases. Place a biscuit in each one.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Fill each case 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a rack. Top with fruit filling. Pipe whipped cream or cream cheese into a rosette on top of each cheesecake just prior to serving, if desired.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(481)
Reviews in English (377)
by Susan Elane Berry
These are wonderful! I tried this. Melt some Kraft caramels, put about 1 tsp caramel and 1/2 tsp chpped pecans on top of nilla wafer before adding cheesecake mixture bake as usual, just before completely cool, top with a little melted milk chocolate chips, drizzle with a little more caramel and sprinkle few more pecans. OH MY GOSH YUMMY!-20 Mar 2003
I have been making these since the early 1970's and it has been one of my most requested recipes of all time. You can certainly create a lower fat version by using lite cream cheese, fat free vanilla wafers and lite cherry pie filling. I have used blueberry and strawberry pie filling as toppings too, however the cherry remains the most popular. It's a very nice presentation to do a variety of toppings however, and there are endless possibilities. One tip I have is to make a day ahead of time and refrigerate overnight (without any topping) and then add the cherry pie filling after thoroughly chilled. Just seems to work better and it is easier for you (or your guests) to remove the muffin paper. I don't add sweet cream cheese or whipped cream to the top, they are flavorful and PLENTY sweet enough as is. Love that this is a nice individual serving, sure to get rave reviews ~-31 Dec 2007
What a tasty little treat! I used mini muffin tins and baking cups. I cut the wafer down to fit in a mini cup. I also made my own rasp. puree to put on top, then I topped with whipped cream. I made these for my niece's bridal shower and they were a hit.-14 Apr 2000