- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Tomato salad
This is a quick recipe which can be made with basic ingredients found in our kitchen. It is tasty, nutritious as well as healthy.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
4 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 ripe medium plum tomatoes, chopped in chunks
- 1 large cucumber, chopped in chunks
- 6 - 10 black olives, chopped
- 6 - 8 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and grated garlic. Mix it well and keep aside covered for couple of minutes.
- Chop the cucumber and tomatoes in chunks (medium size) and olives in small pieces. Take these in a big bowl and add the finely chopped basil leaves, sea salt and black pepper to it.Mix well.
- Pour the olive oil balsamic vinegar dressing to it and mix well.Serve immediately or chilled with veg, fish or chicken cutlets.
Make it healthier
You can add chopped onion, green pepper or left over boiled pieces of chicken breast.
You can also toss it up with few pieces of walnuts.