- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
- Stewing steak
A stew of meat, potatoes and Guinness® - what could be better? Feel free to add carrots and other vegetables.
87 people made this
- 1 onion, chopped
- 900g beef stewing steak
- 750ml Guinness®
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:2hr15min ›Ready in:2hr30min
- Cut two of the potatoes into slices, and the other two into quarters. (The sliced potatoes break down and thicken the stew.)
- Put a casserole over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook the onions and garlic until soft, about six minutes.
- Add the Guinness®, beef and potatoes to the pot. Raise the heat to high. When the whole mess of goodness begins to boil, lower the heat to low/simmer and cover the pot.
- Simmer the stew for two hours, stirring every once in a while. About 10 minutes before it's done, taste it and add more salt and pepper if you like.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(33)
Reviews in English (28)
Added some chopped turnips and carrots and garnished with parsley. Everyone loved it - will be making again-10 Nov 2011
Really tasty results from simple ingredients. I added carrots. And I cooked it in my slow-cooker on low for 8 hours.-09 Feb 2018
So easy to make and very, very tender. I made it in a casserole pot and let it simmer for two hours. As suggested, I added carrots and parsnips.-10 Nov 2011